Rygate Surveyors is uniquely qualified to carry out racecourse design due to a continuing involvement with many race clubs and courses since the era of the 1920’s. The expertise and knowledge of all the various aspects has been passed down and built upon through various successions of the firm’s partners/directors since that time.
Rygate Surveyors has been associated with the Australian Turf Club (former Sydney Turf Club and Australian Jockey Club) for more than 50 years, and during that time, we have acted continuously as their Consultants with all track redevelopment projects at Canterbury, Rosehill, Randwick and Warwick Farm courses. This relationship has continued with the Australian Turf Club. As a result of this long associations we have acquired comprehensive records and built up considerable experience within the field of Surveying and Engineering design for race courses.
We have been engaged as consultants to various provincial race clubs including Newcastle, Hawkesbury and Gosford. Additionally we have provided design and construction set out for numerous private training facilities.
Rygate Surveyors directors and staff attend local and overseas conferences on racetrack design to further develop their experience on this subject.
Recently completed projects include:
- The refurbishment of the Kensington Track at Royal Randwick Racecourse (2017)
- The conversion of a sand track to a Proride Synthetic training track at Rosehill Racecourse (2017-2018)
- The construction of a Polytrack Synthetic training track at Canterbury Racecourse (2017)
Current projects include:
- The conversion of a sand track to a Polytrack Synthetic training track at Hawkesbury Racecourse (2017-2018)
- The conversion of the previous Proride Synthetic training track to a sand track at Rosehill Racecourse (2017-2018)
- The refurbishment of the A Grass track at Warwick Farm Racecourse